January 17 - 21 . 2011
$750 includes model fee
Int - Adv . Class Limit . 16 Students
5 Day . Figure & Composition
Comprehensive, in-depth study of the principles of composition, value, pattern, tone, staging, mood and color palette. Emphasis is placed on the creative process from staging model to finished art. Assignment is developing from model and situation sources.
This five days workshop is designed to build on basic skills previously learned on figure painting. Students will learn how to compose subjects and to use number of quick sketches. Discussion and practical demonstration will be used throughout the course.
1. The initial objective is to learn composition by discussion of studentís practical exercise (design study and rough sketches.)
2. To understand the meaning and importance of shape, negative shapes, pattern, value, size proportion cropping and others.
3. To provide each student personal attention and encouragement.
4. For the student to demonstrate the understanding of course material through painting.
5. Instructor will be doing one day formal painting demonstration and slide presentation.
We will paint from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m daily.
To learn more about Huihan Liu and his art visit www.huihanliuart.com